Red Ribbon Club
Red Ribbon Club
Red ribbon, as an awareness ribbon, is used as the symbol for the solidarity of people living with HIV/AIDS and for the awareness and prevention of drug abuse and drunk driving. Red ribbon is a globally recognized symbol for HIV/AIDS awareness.
Red ribbon club is a movement started by the Government of India in schools and colleges with which students will spread awareness about HIV/AIDS.
Red ribbon club is a voluntary on-campus intervention program for students the programme organized by Red ribbon club addressed the knowledge, attitude and behavior of the youth in the interrelated areas of voluntary Blood Donation, HIV and AIDS, as demanded by their age, environment and life style.
Objectives of Red Ribbon Club:-
- To enable youth to identify and understand situation of exploitation and abuse.
- To create and train the youth a cadre of peer educators for spreading awareness about HIV-AIDS and its prevention in the community.
- To educate youth with correct, concise and adequate information and heighten their level of awareness about HIV AIDS and other related issues.
- To sensitize the youth regarding care and support needs of people affected with HIV AIDS and instills in them the spirit to reduce the stigma and discrimination against them.
- To aware and counsel the students regarding their health.
- It envisages to instill charity mind among all the students to extend their able help toward developing healthy life styles, donating blood to all the needy by promotion of regular voluntary blood donation.