NSS (National Service Scheme)
The national service scheme is an Indian government sponsored Public Service program conducted by the Ministry of youth affairs and sports of Government of India. This scheme was launched in Gandhiji century year in 1969.
Objectives of NSS
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civil responsibilities
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- Practice National integration and social harmony.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
Motto of NSS
The motto of NSS “Not Me But You” reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. The philosophy of the NSS is well doctrined in this motto, which underlines the belief that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society.
Activities of NSS:-
- Cleanliness drives.
- Stage shows or a procession creating awareness of such issues as social problems, education and cleanliness.
- Awareness rallies.
- Inviting doctors for health camps.
- Creation of NSS parks/gardens.
- Construction and maintenance of village streets, drains etc.
- Conducting seminars.
NSS department of the college and its volunteers striving hard to fulfill aims and objectives of NSS by organizing various cleanliness drives, rallies, seminars in the college as well as its surrounding areas.